Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Some pictures from the interior

Fishing is a major industry in Oman. This man was proud of his catch.


A little picnic on the beach. 




His parents were just around the corner.
An intense football match was taking place at the beach.
The enormous 'Jabal Akhdar' mountains loom over the fertile date trees in Rustaq.
Mothers tend to the youngns at the Wadi Nahaal.
Children playing in the Wadi.
The "Wadi Cools" shared some drinks and some chicken with me. Good guys.
Water from the river is often hauled off for cooking/bathing purposes.
The chillest Omanis I've seen yet.
A hard climb for a great view. Taken on an island in the Arabian sea off the coast of Rustaq.
Some friends of friends at the beach.
My guide didn't say much.
Cool'n off at the Wadi.
The beach extends about 100 yards into the ocean with a shallow sandbar.
Takin a bath.
Lonely kid and drying Dishdasha
The sun does set on an Omani.
A lookout fort in the Arabian Sea off the coast of Rustaq.

2 comments:

  1. The last picture is my favorite. I wanna go there and just stare at it. So beautiful. I love you!! :-) I'll read the rest of your posts later. Great to talk to you this morning..er..night for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite photos are of the people you run across. Also, looks like the Swahili dancing (from you Facebook video) will keep you in shape if you can't find a pool. DA

    ReplyDelete