Friday, October 1, 2010

A few from Muscat...

I'll be writing a nice post about my wonderful excursion to Southern Oman...in the meantime, because I just got back to Muscat this evening, these photos should suffice. They are all taken in Muscat and should relate to my last post.  The last picture in this post is just a taste...
It is very common to see Omanis having a picnic on a median in the middle of the city.

This Indian man walks past me every morning with a smile while I sit at the bus stop...he sanitizes dumpsters for a living.

New mosques are always being erected.
 Salalah is a truly breathtaking region of the world... I will go back someday.

4 comments:

  1. Looks as if only Omani men are picnicking, is that correct?

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe you already mentioned this in one your earlier posts and i wasn't paying attention but why do you refer to omani's as indians? thats throwing me off. also, whats this about a dry campus at denison i saw posted on your wall? get back to me on that buisnas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is Indian...from India, working in Oman and maybe sending money through Western Union back to his family. He wouldn't claim to be Omani, and Omani's wouldn't claim him. I will ask him what he considers himself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. Men have picnics during the day outside. Women are not legally prohibited from congregating outside during the day but it just is not culturally abundant.

    ReplyDelete